Want to know how to rent a dumpster for your home or business? Dumpster rental is the number one focus of our business, so let us explain the simple process.
1) We bring a metal dumpster bin (some call it a mini-bin, container, or skip) by truck to your home or business and leave it for up to seven days. The one-week dumpster rental cost is. It’s a flat rate. There are longer rental periods available ~ contact us for details. We charge a minimum of 1 tonne of weight, upfront plus HST. You must provide a credit card with the booking.
2) We deliver the bin to your requested address on the day of your choice. You then fill it with debris that can include almost anything that isn’t toxic or hazardous waste. That includes
- Household garbage
- Construction or renovation debris
- Yard waste and organic materials
- Old toys or bicycles
- Lawn equipment, tools, gardening leftovers
- Discarded furniture and household contents
- Old decorations
- Demolished outbuildings or structures such as fencing etc.
- We can possibly take limited amounts of dirt, masonry or other heavy materials but those must be pre-approved by the office before placing in the container
- We take all kinds of debris, so if you have a question, then call us.
3) Once you have finished, we weigh the dumpster at the transfer according to where the dumpster is traveling next. That gives us the ability to know the precise weight of the debris you have placed in the bin. Additional tonnage is per ton (it is pro-rated to the exact amount).
The process is easy and affordable. We are often the lowest cost dumpster rental company in the areas we serve in Greater Toronto.
How to keep the bin rental cost down
Here are some tips on keeping the cost of your rental low:
- Before you start, evaluate what will be discarded. In the cost, you pay for the first tonne, so maximize this weight.
- If you think you will fall short, call a neighbor to see if they can top up the dumpster and share the cost.
- If you think you will go over, don’t worry as you only pay a pro-rated amount against the excess weight with our company.
- Keep rain, snow out of the bin by covering it with a tarp, to avoid unnecessary weight charges.
- Be sure to check our do not load list to make sure you do not load materials that we can’t dump.
Dumpster rental service areasThese are our service areas – click your city for local information:
If you would like a fair rate and a great dumpster rental experience from our staff, then please contact us by email or by phone, and we would be delighted to serve you. We pride ourselves on top-notch customer service from our superb staff. From our family to yours, we thank you for considering us.
Like anything in life, it’s nice to suffer as little stress as possible when renting a dumpster. With that in mind, here are some points to consider if you want to know how to rent a dumpster and keep your stress levels down.
1) Plan ahead! Knowing what time frame you will need the bin enables for a smooth delivery and pick up.
2) Know the bylaws in your area concerning where bins can be left (often times, parking it on the street is not an option) so making room in your driveway is essential. (Call us if you are not sure.)
3) Check your weather forecast! If the job time is flexible ~ waiting for optimal weather conditions make for happy and safe loading!
4) If you live in an urban area subject to traffic delays consider booking a bin time for off-hours to minimize the chance of any delays for pick up or deliveries.
5) Put a tarp on it! Tarping your bin (whether filled, partially filled or empty and waiting to be filled) will help minimize the chance of “unwanted drop – offs” by strangers! It’s also a good idea to keep an eye on your bin so you’re not subject to strangers taking advantage of a dumpster. Plus a tarp will help keep the weather off your load.
6) Remember to not overload the dumpster or toss in any items that are not accepted (please see our website for any of those articles). It’s best to not go above the rails of the dumpster. Also ensure the doors are closed upon completion of loading or we won’t be able to pick the bin up.
If you have any questions that relate to how to rent a dumpster then call us. We would be happy to answer any questions.